Sunday, October 5, 2014

Mans Biggest Fear


Attending Saturday’s seminar I picked up on lots of topics that I never knew about. A topic that really caught my interest was the 100 years' war. This topic caught my interest because I learned about an inspirational woman. A woman that was stronger than the average man, That woman would be Joan of Arc. Joan of Arc led French to victory from British several times. At the age of 19 Joan of Arc never making it out of her teens was sadly burned to death. I thought to myself why would the people she fought for end up killing her? Looking further I learned she was kidnapped and ended up with the English. Wanting her dead, they charged her with life in prison for heresy.

            At the age of 12 it was said that Joan would hear voices of saints and angels. This was the reason for her going into the war being told she was to lead French to victory which she did at just the age of 17. She stated that the reason they won was because angels led them through the battle. Joan was Roman Catholic, but the English wants a reason to end her life claimed that she was heresy and used some wicked power. It was also stated that she was cross dressing which she reasoned by stating that it was for protection from men that threatened to rape her. Unfortunately the people just used it as another reason to kill her so she was burned at the stake twice. Automatically you would think they must have hated her and of course they did, she was the reason French had won victory in several fights, they feared her. Which is understandable, I mean till this day men are intimidated by strong women.
This excites the possibly of me going to Paris because she is truly my inspiration. At school there's always that one class were the teacher asks who inspires you? I would always have an issue with answering this and my only answer would always be Jesus, but now I can state another person who I can relate to in faith, gender, and age. When I see the different forms of art, of her I will know what they represent and feelings Parisians have towards it. Being a young Christian, Joan of Arc mainly inspired me with her quote "I do not fear the soldiers, for my road is made open to me; and if the soldiers come, I have God, my Lord, who will know how to clear the route that leads to Messire the Dauphin. It was for this that I was born!" She is a person that has inspired with her confidence and her faith in God. Not only does she influence me as a Christian, but also as a young lady. Seeing how she was my age and led the French to victory in several fights. I would love to see the different art forms made in honor of Joan of Arc.
 -Dazhawna Miller
Wikimedia Commons: Eugene Thirion

Wikimedia Commons: Eugene Thirion

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;