Sunday, October 12, 2014

Top 3 French Desserts

Attending a French seminar being taught by Ms. Bowie she showed some of her favorite foods and desserts expanding my knowledge on them I learned they are very popular. Going off what was said I decided to write about everyone’s favorite part of dinner, dessert. The biggest weakness we humans have. The reason most of us cannot fulfill our new year’s goal. It is what makes our heart and souls scream of joy. So I would like to refer you to one of the best desserts in the world. 
First there is mille feuille also known as napoleon, is a pastry that usually has about three layers of puff pastry and between those are two mouth watering layers of pastry cream. I can tell you from experience this will be one of the best desserts you have ever tried. It is believed that this recipe goes all the way back to the mid-seventeenth century. Interestingly mille feuille does not stop at just being a meal, but it can also be the main dish. One of many is in the picture below the dessert  is a sushi dish rumble fish mille feuille.
http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/by-2.0/: Poppy
http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/by-2.0/: Rick

A second most popular dessert would be choux à la crème. It is said that this dessert was being made since the sixteenth century! which is simply amazing at the fact that they are still one of the most popular desserts in France till this day. This dessert is made with dough that only takes four ingredients and filled with a custard or cream. Simple as this dessert is to make I will most definitely will be making this.
http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/by-2.0/: Combrille

Last but not least of course is glace à la vanille. This is vanilla ice cream, but different from American ice cream it is made with egg yolks. This dessert started being made in the seventeenth century. In countries all over the world vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream. Honestly vanilla is not my favorite, but I am sure that with the different recipe I will love it.
http://www.flicker.com/creativecommons/by-2.0/: La ciliegina
These three desserts are what I found interesting attending a French seminar. This interest me in going to Paris even more because I love would be able to taste new foods. I enjoyed expanding my knowledge on foods I learned that even if the foods are not new to you they still will taste different from the different recipes. I only have tried the mille feuille and it was amazing, so I cannot wait to try these other popular desserts. Hopefully you all were as fascinated with these desserts as I was. If so what would you guys like to try?
- Dazhawna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;