Friday, October 3, 2014

Looking forward to Paris

 My name is Julian Montanez, I am applying to Context to gain information on another culture other than my own and earn a better understanding of the people of France and their lifestyles. In Paris, I am looking forward to viewing archaic architectures from historical events such as the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Lovre bridge. I plan to gaze at the amazement of the scenery of many historically popular sights and buildings that so many wish to visit and witness in person, such as myself. I am also looking forward to learning the different cultures of the French society such as their food, language, and history.

While composing my timeline, I have grown fond of the French Revolution in the late 18th century. I was intrigued at how ordinary civilians were infuriated at the bad harvests and debt from wars, which fueled them to overthrow King Louis XIV and decapitate him through the guillotine. The guillotine was then used crudely on innocent civilians during Napoleon Bonaparte's rule, resulting in countless wrongful deaths, which, in my opinion, should be considered a massacre. After the monarchy was overthrown, a democracy was put in as a replacement, and the Declaration of the Rights and of the Citizen was established. This gave the rights to people that were "endowed to them by their creator" and cannot be taken away. This lead to the creation of "natural rights", which also followed into America, thus having a similar Declaration.The revolution helped accelerate the rise of republics, democracies, and nationalism; also noticeably similar the politics of America.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;