Sunday, October 12, 2014

Making Your Mouth Water In 5 Minutes or Less

           Bonjur! Learning a new language in 3 hours is as difficult as it sounds. The French language and culture seminar was equally enlightening and confusing. I learned how to say colors, dates, numbers, certain foods, and hours in French. I also learned about English words that are French such as Fiancé, menu, entrepreneur, encore, and café. As much as I learned, I still don’t feel very confident with the French language. For example, when we got into the greetings, I was very confused on what to say or how to pronounce certain words. The one thing that stood out to me during the seminar was the French food, or les repas.
Escargot
Wikimedia Commons: J. Patrick Fischer
            I love food! To me, food is a way of experiencing another culture through taste so when we began talking about food, my curiosity ignited almost immediately. There are 4 courses, breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner or le petit dejeuner, le gouter, le dejeuner, and le diner. Each one of these courses consists of its own meals. The French cuisine that I am dead-set on trying is Escargot. I guess you can say eating snails is at the top of my French food bucket list. My favorite French delicacy is Foie Gras which is stuffed duck liver. Foie Gras is delicious when it’s spread on bread.

Mille Feuille
Wikimedia Commons: Zantastik
            Now, let’s get into the delicious, intoxicating, French desserts. The one French dessert that sounds too good to miss out on is Mille Feuille also known as Napoleon. This dessert is a 3 layer pastry filled with whipped cream. Coated with sugar, this dessert is guaranteed to put you in your “happy place”. Imagine being able to walk to an authentic French restaurant in Paris and ordering these mouthwatering meals. The possibility of fulfilling my wildest food fantasies in the heart of France is incredibly exciting. I would love to research more about French delicacies but what do you guys know about famous French foods?

~DeRael    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;