Wednesday, October 16, 2013
To Experience Bloodlines

Hello Context! My name is Myriah Catalano and I am a senior at Sacramento High School. I am applying again for the second time and really grateful to be in this process again. I am applying because I am fifty percent Italian and my great great grandparents migrated here from Messina, Italy. So to be able to experience my family’s culture is a gift on its own. Also, to travel to another country and encounter a different way of life is one of my dreams. Rome has so much history to offer and the European lifestyle is very relaxed compared to the American way of life. I look forward to becoming a more culturally rich person by traveling and experiencing the way locals live their daily lives.  After talking to everyone that has traveled to a foreign country they say that they become a more well rounded person by seeing how people in other countries live. While doing my timeline, the era that interested me the most was Renaissance Rome. The Renaissance period caught my interest because of all the great artwork and architecture that was produced. It was a cultural and intellectual movement. Many great artists were struck with fame during this period for example the magnificent Michelangelo. He built St. Peters Basilica, The Sistine Chapel, and The Pieta. I know if I ever get to see any of these monumental pieces of art that it will definitely be life changing. This experience would make me a more humble person and learn to adapt to any changes that would come my way.  Even if I do not receive this scholarship, because of this project and what it has taught me so far, I know that I will definitely travel during college and these people that I meet during this process will be colleagues for life.
-Myriah Catalano

St.Peters Basilica Photo Credit to Google Images.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;