Thursday, October 17, 2013

Intro to a new Beginning

Hello everyone my name is Malik Lee I'm 17 and I'm a senior at Sacramento High School charter. I am the captain of our varsity baseball team and a inspiring engineer. I'm looking forward to exploring Rome's architecture and design history. This is my second time applying for this scholarship and I'm looking forward to a better year in the program. I reapplied because I feel confident that I will win this year and finally get a chance to travel and see more of the world. No one likes to fail, but sometimes you have to learn from your mistakes and make it beneficial to your future. That just happens to be one of the main reasons why I'm reapplying, the others is because I have strong believes that traveling can a inspirational life changing experience. I have always wanted to see what life is like outside of the States, it gets boring seeing the same things every single day. Travel in the younger sort is a part of education or in other cases a part of experience and I'm looking forward to absorbing both. 

As I reflect on my timeline, I can say the Vatican was the one piece that caught my eye the most. The art and architectural design amazes me just to think about it. To have the opportunity to be in its presents and be able to get a serious and in depth lesson on the history's would be a great gift. This period in time was a display of works from immense collections built up by Roman Catholic Church throughout the centuries including some of the most renowned classical sculptures and most important masterpieces of Renaissance art in the world. Pope Julius II founded the museums in the early 16th century. The Sistine Chapel with its ceiling decorated by Michelangelo and the Stanze della Segnatura decorated by Raphael are on the visitor route through the Vatican Museums.

(photo cred. Jonathan Jones)
-Malik Lee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;