Monday, November 5, 2012

Why Rome?

My name is Daisha Pickens and I am a Junior at Sacramento Charter High School. I am someone who is adventurous and loves trying new things. I have always wanted to travel to Europe so when I heard about the scholarship I had to apply.Europe has a lot of historical buildings that are still standing today and that grabs my attention because not a lot of countries have that and it makes me want to actually be there and experience.In Rome I look forward to learning and experiencing what makes Rome what it is today and touring the Colosseum. One of the steps in the scholarship was to create a timeline from when Rome was first fonded until now and the time period that was interesting to me was when the city was founded. The city was founded around 753 BC and there is a myth that two twins ,Romulus and Remus,founded the city but was named after Romulus. This time period was interesting to me because I always wondered how a city was founded and who founded it and because I did this assignment I got to find out how a city was founded in another country and now since I know where to find the information I will do research on other cities in my spare time. I am looking forward to writing more blogs and the next time I write one hopefully I will be in Rome. Daisha Pickens

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;