Monday, November 5, 2012

Il Mistero

Ciao readers! My name is Bethany Vidales, I am a Junior at Sacramento Charter High School, extremely excited to be apart of this opportunity to possibly travel to Rome! When hearing about this wonderful opportunity to travel abroad, I got excited to think that this opportunity could possibly be my own. In 2009, my sister Bianca won the scholarship to Rome, which immediately gave me motivation to want to walk the streets of Rome as she did. When she brought home pictures of the beautiful scenery, architecture and differences in culture, I knew I wanted to experience the beauty for myself. I have always loved being anywhere but home. I love to take adventures of all sorts, and this sure would be an adventure of a lifetime! I can picture Rome now, the fresh baked croissants, the museums so breathtaking, the classical music following my every step. It would be a dream to experience this all! Our second assignment was to create a timeline of given events in Roman history. While researching certain topics, I couldn’t believe that the city had been around for so many decades! One topic that I really found interesting was The Etruscans. The Etruscans had a certain mystery to them that really attracted my attention. By 700 B.C. the Etruscan cities had been founded. They had their own language, culture and purpose for life. The Etruscan language was spoken during religious ceremonies until the early 5th Century. The Etruscans practiced and believed in every natural phenomenon, such as lighting, the structure of organs, and sacrificial animals. The Etruscans created artistic sculptures and paintings, mostly for religious purposes. They focused greatly on the importance of death, which was often displayed significantly in their art. If I get the chance to travel to Rome, I would love to learn more about the Etruscans and their mysterious ways of living. Ciao, and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ummm... ciao means bye, farewell, adieu.... Maybe a different word at the beginning of your blog. You don't want to say bye before you even start your blog, topic, journal; what ever you call a story. You don't walk up to someone and say bye before you even hi, that's kinda rude... I don't want to put you off but maybe check the meaning of words and know you're right first..

Post a Comment

 
;