Monday, November 5, 2012

Dipping into the Renais’sauce’



It’s Rome! It’s Rome! This may make me sound like a dork but I’m looking forward to learning some Roman History during Context Travel. Rome is a place of wonders. Many dreams come alive there, not to mention the biggest place for Art History! I ‘m applying for this great opportunity to see my own dreams fly. I want to travel the world and see all the art there is to see out in the world just because I am an art boor.  There are many types of art that the Romans inspire and offer to the world such as: writing, paintings, singing, acting, dancing, food, music, and many other supplementary. I may not be such a great artist like so many of them out there in the world, but art has become second nature to me. I can not live without it! I remember when I finally started school… well, it wasn’t so great. I missed the first day because I played dead to my family. Very naïve of me, I know. Of course, there have been times when I have been rash and did the wrong thing. But now, I am that girl who will charge forward with all that I have and take life to the fullest. Studying about Renaissance art is one thing I would say I am proud of because it is like dipping into the Renais’sauce’. Many people would not take time out of their busy lives to study something like the Renaissance; they have school for that purpose. What I learn isn’t all about the great artists of that time or of those amazing artworks, but the history of how it started and why the Renaissance is so important to Rome. The Renaissance started when the Papacy was brought back to Rome by Pope Martin V. The time period before him was considered to be the Dark Period of Roman history. There were major shifts in political and economic powers because tyrants were constantly trying to gain power. To this day, we know that ever since the Renaissance that it is quite cherished by its inhabitants and interlopers. People like Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Donatello, Titian and many more of those famous and legendary artists were originated during this time period. When Julius II became Pope, he requested Michelangelo to paint the chapel ceiling in the Vatican in 1508 and that chapel became known as the Sistine Chapel when it was finished in 1512. Even though Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel, he found great passion, not in painting, but in sculpting. However, during the Renaissance many artists created Oil on Canvas artworks; for example, Leonardo’s Mona Lisa in 1502. Everyone should know what’s so special about this particular piece of artwork, but if you don’t… she STARES at and after you!  Yes, from any vantage point, her eyes would be trained on you from sun up till sun down without ever blinking. Well, of course she can’t blink, she’s a portrait. Mona Lisa is also considered to be the most beautiful woman on this earth. Many may think otherwise, but the beauty isn’t on the outside, its beauty from within. - Susan C. Vang.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;