Saturday, November 3, 2012
Michelangelo In My Eyes. Hello people around the world! My name is Myriah and I live in Sacramento California.I go to Sac High Charter High School and I'm a junior. I'm a candidate for Contexts Travel's trip to Rome and very excited about this opportunity to participate in this amazing experience. I'm very interested in this because I am Italian, Portuguese, and Black, so I've always wanted to experience Europe and its lifestyle. My great grandparents on my Father's side are from Italy and every time I went to their house it felt like a little piece of Italy that I got to see. Today I went to our first seminar class which is Blog writing with Ms.Canady. She talked about how we need to write our blog and gave me feedback on my rough draft which I greatly appreciate because my writing skills aren't that up to par. Ms.Canady talked about her experiences in Europe and it brought Rome to life in my head. I could imagine myself somewhere eating gelato, pasta and pizza. Also just basking in the Italian atmosphere. It also made me think of how great of a chance this is to experience another country and how much I really want this trip to Rome. On my timeline the thing that interested me most to learn about was Michelangelo and his influence in the Renaissance time period.The Renaissance time period started in 14th century AD and gave art and Rome a new look. Michelangelo interested me the most because his art pieces are famous throughout the world and many of them are influential. The three that caught my eye were the Sistine Chapel, The Pieta, and St Peters Basilica. The Sistine Chapel because I've read so many stories and how beautiful the ceiling is and how long that must have taken him to paint. The Pieta because I am a christian and the sculpture is of Mary holding Jesus and it just strikes a chord into my faith. The third one was interesting to me was the St Peters Basilica and how Michelangelo started in building the dome of the church in 1546. He died at the age of 88 in 1564 and it still wasn't completed yet! Michelangelo was a very skilled painter, sculptor, architect, and poet who is very prolific and captivating. I hope to experience his artwork in my own eyes and be mesmerized by its beauty. -Myriah Catalano

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;