Monday, November 5, 2012

When in Rome......

My name is Mecca Evans and I am currently a junior at Sacramento Charter High School (c/o 2014 woot woot !) Rome is a city rich with history; it has been home to some of the world’s most influential people and a backdrop to some of its most important events. For me going to Rome would mean “growing up” in a sense. Traveling an ocean away from home would be a huge first step on the road to my bright future. My mom has always educated my brother and I on the world around us by taking us to museums, cultural festivals, and educational events. Her goal was to make us aware that there is so much more the world has to offer outside of California. This experience would only build on what she started so long ago. I see this experience as a win win situation, because even if I’m not chosen I’ve learned so much already. Educating myself on Rome and its culture has actually been fun. I did not think that I would ever be so excited about writing a report. The topic I took most interest in was The Roman Empire. I was shocked to learn about how efficiently the Romans were able to build things without all of the technology we have today. Learning about the ancient structures and then seeing pictures of them still standing today, with the weather and time being their only tell tale, says something about the Roman’s skill and intellect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;