Monday, November 12, 2012

Change of heART


             This past week I attended the Art History seminar with Mrs. Everett to learn about the depth of Roman art history and the roots of where it sprouted from. We discussed topics like architecture, sculptures and 2D artwork and the specifics within each. Each category had impelling details that were so interesting, and easy to relate to. Although the timing then was a huge difference than now everything was still so relevant to today's society just gone about in different ways. So many of the topics caught my eye especially because a lot of the art was based upon religion and the teachings of Christianity that it all became so easy for me to contemplate.
               When asked to really think about which topic caught my attention the most I really had to sit and read over all the notes that I had taken. So much seemed so interesting, but I really got intrigued by the Barque Movement as a whole. Withing this movement there were several different components and people involved but the idea and reasoning for the movement just made so much sense to me I had to look further into it. At the time Christianity was a huge factor in running the aspects of Rome and the people of the country needed to be enlightened in anyway about the religion that they were being taught. I find this so amazing for the simple fact that it was a tool to witness to the lost souls. In result of the illiteracy that was going on people needed to be taught in a way without reading. Throughout each picture a story was depicted and told like as though looking at the Bible through movie clips. With  people being expected to live a Christian life, what better way to do do than by show casing the right way of life through a piece of art. Even though more people read and comprehend nowadays I still believe that without the help of people like Bernini and Borromini the gift of Christianity would have never spread to the people who couldn't read. If we had kept it within the higher educated class the people who have the most struggles would still be searching for hope, the Baroque Movement was much more than a movement in my eyes it was a way to bring light to the dark world. -Faith Virgen

           

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;