Monday, November 5, 2012

Beyond the Art

My name is Malik Lee and i'm currently attending Sacramento High school charter, a junior looking forward to a successful future. Iv been living in Sacramento all of my life,and always have been looking for a way out. Just to explore the world and what else is out there that the world can give me. It gets kind of tiring being contained in one city all your life. So when I herd that context travels was giving a opportunity to a student from Sacramento high to go out and explore parts of Rome I jumped at the chance of being apart of the scholarship. Iv always found myself being interested in fine art and engineering, so Iv always thought the different architectural findings in Rome were beautiful. Iv been working along the different processes of trying to win the trip and the last project we did was the timeline. The timeline had been from when Rome was founded to now, and I thought the Renaissance was the most interesting part of the research, but i still find so many questions that go unsolved in my mind, and only the experiences of traveling to Rome can answer my questions like; how did Roman architecture inspire future art makings? Who inspired the renaissance? Who contributed to the Romans art history? These are just a few that go threw my mind, but the list goes on and on. My main inspiration of being so fascinated with art was my father, he had always wanted to be a architect in designing blue prints for housing, and he was also a good artist. His small drawings amazed me and gave me a new out look on the way that art stands. After I researched the renaissance my mind was blew away by all the different paintings and sculptors, and at that moment I knew what I wanted to achieve if I won the trip to Rome and that would be finding what was beyond the art in the Roman renaissance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;