Friday, October 23, 2015

The Lost Generation, Nyeri

            I am Nyeri Simone Mallory. I am a Senior at Sacramento Charter High School, however, even though I am a senior this is my first year at Sac High and I am really enjoying it. I am a pretty normal seventeen year old girl. I absolutely love to read and write. I also love singing, dancing, and acting. I hope to take all of these things and channel them into my career goals. I plan to become a successful actress and author so I want to act in movies, but also I want to write movies. I have been told that my goals are little unrealistic, but this has been something I have always wanted to do and even though it is not a traditional career path it is what I will do regardless of what the statistics say. I am very determined person if you didn't already notice. That’s just a little about me. Oh, I also prefer cats to dogs and my favorite food is lasagna. I can’t believe I almost forgot that part. That was a close one.



            Now on to the seminar. The most interesting part to me by far was the music aspect of Paris, France. Paris is really big on Jazz and that is one of my favorite styles of music. It is really comforting to just sit down and listen to the soothing sounds of Jazz style music. I learned that Jazz was one of the most popular types of music in Paris and still has a large impact on today’s society in France. Jazz is the type of music that instantly calms you down or makes you think about your life and since I am a senior in highschool I do a lot of that. The music just adds to my excitement about possibly going to France because I might get to experience this music firsthand. I have never seen or heard Jazz music being played in person and if I am awarded the opportunity to go to Paris I might finally get that opportunity. Now, the biggest question I think we all have is where can we hear some of this wonderful, soulful music. Guess who has the answer? You guessed it! I did my research and found that based on multiple sources the best place to go and listen to smooth jazz is Le Duc des Lombards. I really hope I am given the opportunity to visit France and see this huge part of its culture.

Written by: Nyeri Mallory





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;