Monday, November 16, 2015
During the France Art History seminar one name was said, grabbed my attention, and stuck with me throughout the seminar.  The name had to do with the overall look of Paris. The name also had to do with the modernization of Paris. The name was or better yet is Georges Eugene Haussmann. But he is mainly known as Baron Haussmann. Baron Haussmann           renovated from 1853-1870, In 1870 Napoleon the third fired him, but his project continued to carry out even after he was fired. He changed a dirty disgusting filthy medival city into a cleaner fresher and most beautiful modernized environment. Overall he increased the hygiene and health of all people in Paris by creating a sewer system and clean lines to show avenues parks and squares. While dividing the city by economic status.








Image result for paris baron haussmannhttp://www.arthistoryarchive.com/arthistory/architecture/images/Haussmanns-Paris-
03.jpg https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Chartres_1.jpg
Image result for paris france facts baron haussmannhttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Camille_Pissarro_-_Avenue_de_l'Opera_-_Mus%C3%A9e_des_Beaux-Arts_Reims.jpg

 How he was able to do all this was by knocking down houses and repositioning society in an orderly manner.  I wonder how his decision to “make society better” affected some families who house had to be knocked down for his vision. How does it affect the success of the city today? How many people would live there if the streets looked as they did before Haussmann? What would I change in my own city? Would I make Sacramento modeled after a gothic style? Would I add gargoyles, flying buttresses, rippled ceilings, pointed arches, with a light and airy interior? Baron Haussmann was one of the most hated and loved people of his time. Would you change your city or how about your own country’s look or layout if you could? Did Baron Haussmann make the right decision? I don’t know what I would do if I had the power to change but I know that I would go to Paris in order to get hindsight and ideas on how to build a beautiful and successful city and country. https://parisianfields.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/baron_haussmann.jpg      Tachae Hankerson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;