Monday, December 5, 2011

Copyrighted


Are we really original with our ideas? I find it amazing how
people now a days are making millions of dollars off of ideas that are
centuries old. I knew that the Romans were the ones who had developed so many ideas
but never did I think that they developed ideas like the plumbing system,
offices or apartments, even recycling. I was amazed to find out that they had a
plumbing like system at this time. They had water fountains and all, pumping
hundreds of gallons of water. Really? Seriously? I find that hard to believe,
but if it’s in the textbook then it must be so. Today at school I walked by the
water fountain and laughed inside. To think that here we are convinced that
water fountains weren’t brought up till a lot later, when no, the truth is they
have been around for so long. I’m sipping out of a water fountain, and for all I
know Emperor Claudius probably did the exact same thing. (Don’t mind me just following
the footsteps of an emperor). As Mrs. Everett went on about more and more, I then
realized that it just wasn’t the fountains, it was a lot more. I see Rome every
day in my life. It’s incredible. Same thing goes for recycling. The Romans
basically took a piece from something and made it into something completely
different and useful. That has “recycling” written all over it. We have bins to
just put recycled type of materials in it. That bright blue can sits at the
edge of my house, and when I saw it today it made me think of these wise people
in this time that did what we thought we had thought of first. All these “ecofriendly”
people making millions off of ideas that helps recycle and “GO GREEN!” but come
on, really? You did NOT come up with this, sit down, and give the Romans the
credit. As I walked home today from school I was listening to music and just
looking around at my surroundings, I stop next to apartments. First thing that
popped into my head was the Market of Trajan. I learned that they were
basically rooms for offices or even apartments. That’s when I knew I would blog
about that. We are so unoriginal. The Romans should have put COPYRIGHT all over
everything!
Selena E ©

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;