Friday, December 16, 2011

La mia ultima parola / My Final WORDS


All I can say is that I am so lucky to be considered for something like this! I have always dreamed of traveling and it is one thing I tell myself I must do in life. If I get a chance to see Rome I will cherish it so much and I know it will be the most memorable part of my life. I cannot wait to explore the history, feel the sun on my skin and hear "chow Bella" every time I leave.This opportunity is so great and I want to THANK the kind- hearted couple who put this awesome opportunity together and considered me for it. I hope I can spread this opportunity to others and allow youth to travel to exotic places for free. One of my goals in life is to give unto others and give back to my community and I think Context is a perfect example of that goal.

I came into this competition with complete confidence. I put a creative new twist on Roman History by creating a story out of it. I attended and completed all seminars as well as soaked up all the great information. I turned in all my blogs in on time and thought them out thoroughly. I even began speaking into existence by saying "When I go to Rome I will explore the Coliseum" instead of "If I go to Rome I will explore the Coliseum". I know that I will make it to Rome, even if I do not get the Context opportunity, because I am determined to go. I also encouraged my competitors Selena and Sharqueya when they became unsure or anxious about if they would make it. I really hope I am able to explore Rome with one of those girls.

I must thank Mr. Sullivan and Ms. Wanket for checking my timeline multiple times to make sure I was on the right track. Those two also encouraged me to keep competing and keep up with everything.Ms. Wanket taught me a very useful tool that I can use through life.I am so grateful for the people who were willing to give money to sponsor a student from St. Hope to travel and explore. I would also like to thank Mrs. Mills for helping in this process and supporting an opportunity like this. I truly believe that Paul and Lani are so smart and giving to create a program as such. I am very confident about this and I am looking forward to January when I find out if my dream will come true.

Hope you enjoyed reading,
Akeallah Blair

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;