Sunday, November 20, 2011

Roman History

I know I missed the Roman History seminar. Of course, with my luck, I would make a mistake like that. Luckily, I feel I know enough history to say I am somewhat knowledgeable of the Roman History. I know the basics, emperors, rulers, buildings, art, etc. One blog could not describe the entire Roman history, I am sure all of the facts the girls learned at the seminar could not be put in one blog either. I feel I am going in this kind of blind in the dark. The other two know alot more than me, which means I need to get to google and look up more Roman history and catch up.
Out of the things I know about the Roman history, the most interesting part to me is the Art. I feel that is a very important aspect of Rome overall. All the different types of art there is, no matter which kind it is, they are all indescribable. For example, Baroque. Baroque style of art is something much more than just art. It is a type of art that is much more clear and in depth. You can see the clear details of every part of the painting. The main artist at the time baroque was at it's high rise was Michelangelo. Now Michelangelo stands out to me the most. He was famous for multiple art pieces. The piece that is most important in my opinion is in the Sistine Chapel. Walking into the Sistine Chapel you will look left and right, admiring the entire place. But will you look up? Say you do. There it is. The ceiling is covered in painting that was put together in 1508. I'm sure it is something like you have never seen before, as you stand there in shock, you start wondering what else are you missing out on? What other art work am I missing out on? Go to the Palazzo della Signoria. David. A sculpture also put together by Michelangelo. This was sculpted in 1501 and made fully out of marble. Michelangelo had a huge impact on the high renaissance art.
Other than the art, how about the architecture. There are so many places you can see and be in shock just how you were with the art. A few great buildings that were built were the Colosseum, the Pantheon and so much more. When you look at the Roman architecture you then realize they really did take the ideas of the ancient Greek. Each building has a unique style to it, all the way down from the roof to the pillar. They design it in a form to show that it is part of Rome.
I am sure I would know so much more if I were to have gone to the seminar. I now know that I need to spend this Thanksgiving break on the laptop, typing "Roman History" over and over again to get really in depth with the information. Don't worry you will FOR SURE see me next time.
Selena.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;