Monday, December 12, 2011

Last Blog, Maybe.

To cut to the chase, I have never written a blog before. Hard to believe, yes I know. I usually spend countless hours in front of the laptop but never have I really “blogged” about something. After the very first meeting to introduce us on what the context is really about, I felt it would be impossible to do this. I kind of came out of that meeting with an “in my dreams” mindset. I was talking to my mom about it and she said “If it’s in your dreams then that still means it’s possible, right? “ Then I knew that I should never give up simply because I THINK or FEEL it’s impossible. So I signed the one piece of paper that holds my chances of getting the context or not. I turned it in with confidence knowing that I might not get it, but still willing to risk it. After all the seminars my brain was literally full of so many things. To start off I now know how to blog, finally. The first seminar with Mrs. Wanket was very helpful, and guiding. I didn’t know what the heck I was going to do when the time came for the blogging, every time it would be brought up I would bite my nails in nerves! The other seminar was great; I felt it was somewhat of review for me because I already have a lot of knowledge of the art portion of Rome. But to get real the interview was the hardest part for me. I didn’t really know what to expect. The night before I stayed up all night picturing what it was going to be like. When the morning came I was nervous, as I combed my hair I kept going through the things I should know and what to say if there is a certain question. The one question I kept asking myself was “why do I want this context trip?” . As much as I thought about it I couldn’t give myself a clear answer, asking over and over I just couldn’t find one. I was afraid they would ask me that, I was thinking of answers to say just in case. Why do I want it? I can’t answer that without giving a 100 paged essay, DON’T tempt me. There are just way too many answers for that. When the time came and Mrs. Everett told me to go in for my turn, that’s when the switches turned. I walked into my school with a tummy full of butterflies of the nerves, but then I walked into Mrs. Everett’s with confidence. Not trying to make it sound like a cliché but confidence IS key. I walked in with my head high and the attitude of “if they like me good, if they don’t at least I gave it 100%” . Overall, the entire process was definitely something different; I’ve never tried out for something so important to me, so this gave me a feel on what that would be like. You just may never know when I would need these types of skills. To finish this final blog, I conclude with a genuine good luck to Akeallah and Sharqueya and a thank you to those who put up their own time for the seminars and interviews.
With love,
Selena E.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;