Friday, November 18, 2011

Akeallah Blair

GREEK MYTHOLOGY
Greetings to all readers, I am Akeallah Blair a student of Sac High. I enjoy old school films(1930s) , playing soccer and history is my favorite subject. My favorite dessert is Gelato! But enough about me, let's get into Rome.
I am applying for this chance to go to Rome because I am intrigued by the history and one of the most powerful cities in the world. The story of Rome includes almost every continent. Through the schisms, wars and depressions Rome is still on top. The Romans are claimed to be the leaders in art, fashion and other contemporary subjects so I cannot wait to find out what's next. The current film world of Rome is taking a turn right now and I can't wait to witness that.
I am looking forward to tasting the great foods that spurred from the secret Roman gardens, saying hello to Baroque and Neoclassicism all in one day and wearing the latest European fashions. The greatest part of this trip I want to experience will be the narrated walking tours. This will be great because being able to have a knowledgeable professional always at your reach will be a dream come true.
Today I learned that most of our modern day thoughts came from Rome. For example, from Greece we have;myths, themes,tragedy and comedy, the Olympics,theater and trial by jury.I also learned that Roman art was modeled by Greek art, but Greek art is much better because they used bronze instead of weak marble.
As far as Greek mythology we covered the basics. Pretty much there is always a hero who saves the day. There are always monsters who are placed in humans way only as a temporary obstacle. Greeks and Romans believe that Gods used to have children with humans and create sort of 'supernatural beings'. The common themes in Greek myths are the same that are found in our stories today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;