Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Livin’ On a Prayer Livin’ On a Prayer


                                                                                                         
                  With four days down it’s almost like “we’re half way there” and boy what a sight it has truly been. I’ve seen things that have given me inspiration and I’ve seen things that have made me almost bust out in tears. From floors, to walls, to ceilings, my world has been turned upside down. Not literally of course because then I would not have been able to see this.


                  Beautiful isn’t it? When you look at Michelangelo’s ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and of his Last Judgment, it is easy to understand why I am constantly overwhelmed with everything that I have seen throughout this trip.  Seeing beautiful and rare pieces such as these can really put someone’s life into perspective, pun intended. Although this is not my most favorite pieces throughout todays walk, this is definitely  the largest and most popular among the Vatican. I’ve gotten the opportunity to witness some of the world’s biggest, rarest, and best pieces of history like Michelangelo’s Last Judgment and Bernini’s alter in St. Peter’s Basilica.  I can’t imagine how my life was before seeing it all. I know one thing is for sure, I will never look at the Crocker Art Museum the same again. If possible, I would wish for a way that I could bring this all back to the people in Sacramento. For now, I guess my only way to communicate back home is this here blog.
-Devin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;