Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Another First For Me


                                                                     

         Today was a day full of first experiences, but they were those experiences that one would never think about until it actually happens. Today I not only entered the birth place of the Renaissance, the wondrous city of Florence but I also saw my first castle. Weird right? Who would have thought I would ever see a castle in my lifetime? It's almost like I am living my own little fairytale.

        This was no ordinary castle though. This castle was just as big as Hogwarts from the Harry Potter movies. I am not kidding; this castle looked like it was straight out of the first Shrek movie where the huge dragon lived. The castle is named, Palazzo Vecchio and is today used as the town hall for the city. This tall Romanesque building towers over the whole piazza with its big medieval watchtower that is almost 10 stories high and is designed with family flags and a one handed clock which I hope tells the right time. It is also directly located to the right of the Uffizi Art gallery. I kid you not; this castle gave off the vibe that one would get if they were watching the show Merlin or even Game of Thrones with the whole brick laid upon brick type of architecture. If there were to be a war where dozens of medieval knights just came out of nowhere because they wanted their land back, this would the castle hide in.
Hogwarts has nothing on Palazzo Vecchio.
-Devin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;