Monday, November 4, 2013

There's Much More

I found this last seminar to be very difficult. There was so many different topics that caught my attention and though I took this exact class before, I learned a few new things. Besides the history and the variety of great artists that prevailed during the Renaissance age, I was focused on 3-D art. Architecture and scultptures happened to be my favorite above all the painting that went on. We know that Romans were influenced by the Etruscans which helped a whole lot with building because of the architectural engineers. With that information, buildings were being created like crazy and art took a turn for the best in Rome. Such things like the Boroque movement with Borronini and Bernini took architecture to a whole other level.

 My only question is why was there so much competition? The colosseum was by the grandest creation in architectural history, but that didn't stop artists then. They wanted to create more than just a building for mass destruction, they wanted something breath taking that would say, "He is by far the best." The Renaissance period was more than just a creation of art everyday and every minute with new artists being born or discovered, it was about smarts and I realize that now. It took about the smartest most educated person to figure out the form of a human being in order to paint it on canvas. I guess people wanted to be on top as artists and would gain the education to create the best art.

 What interested me in the current seminar was the evolution of the art. Everything was created so still, but as time passed, pictures and paintings and statues were soon created in movement. Though it took a long time, it was worth the time for the new era of art, It is known as history. To me I felt that all the art was the same then. Time now shows different types of art.
 (Google images)

 Besides all religious items, architecture, busts, statues, mosaics, paintings, forums, aqueducts, sculpture, portraits, frescoes, science, mathematics, pietas and Baliscas, I believe there is way more. With all the questions I have left unanswered, I know that art is much more than just a creation of something new. That it is much more than just education. It is something unexplainable, but it felt by the heart, body, and soul. It is something much more.

-Meryssa Mayshack 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;