Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year, New Scene

        

 

              I woke up ready for yet another trip to San Francisco, my mom is from SF so we come to the city countless times a month. Honestly I was under the impression that I have seen most of what the city has to offer. After arriving we strolled around through China Town, St. Marys Cathedral, and climb to the top of Coit tower already feeling tired we were just about to start the tour. We met our guide Rick at the hotel and the moment we were all awaiting was about to begin, he went over several points in the city from the Hallidie Building to the beautiful Wells Fargo (Crocker Center).  He went in to depth on each building and detail making all the stops that I have walked past several times seem as though my past trips to SF were a blur.
             Every single point he made caught my attention but the POPOS and Rincon Hill South Tower stuck out the most. The POPOS stuck out for the simple fact that the idea behind them are pure genius, such a moral people need to live by if you take away you need to give back. I see the POPOS as more than just following a law but as a gesture of love to the huge cities that these building are being built in. The Rincon was breath taking, for being such a visual person I saw the entire vision as Rick pointed out and showed pictures, I imagined the families of CEOs and rich people that would live there. The fact that all of these building took so much creativity and arts to create made the Rincon sound like a place I will hope to live someday. Each building that was brought to our attention made me really take architectural design in consideration because I never understood how arts are so related. Only walking roughly 5 blocks I felt as though the entire past, present and future of San Francisco had all sat right before my eyes, it was the most amazing tour I’ve ever been on in my life.
     Future Rincon Resident,
                                      Faith Virgen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;